Selling your home can be a stressful and lengthy process. As a seller, you have to make sure your home stands out among hundreds of similar listings, which is never easy.
If you’re looking to sell your home fast, these 4 tips can help you get offers right away without sacrificing profit:
1. Get Your home ready for sale
- When selling, the ultimate goal is to make your home look great in the eyes of a buyer. You want potential buyers to be able to envision themselves living in your home. To do this, I always recommend that sellers start by removing any personal items from their homes and de-cluttering. Removing personal items and clutter from your home will leave it looking like a blank canvas that buyers can imagine themselves moving into.
- It is also recommended that sellers perform quick and easy enhancements to their homes such as touching up paint or filling in holes where picture frames used to hang. These little details make a world of difference in the eyes of a buyer.
- If you are unsure of whether your home is ready to show to potential buyers, ask your realtor or one of your friends to walk through your home and give their opinions on what you should change, shift-around, or remove to make your home more visually appealing.
2. Amp up your home’s curb appeal
- The exterior appearance of your home is the first thing buyers are going to see when they come for a showing. A potential buyer won’t even bother looking inside if they don’t enjoy looking at the exterior of your house. So, it’s important to make the curb appeal of your home look as welcoming as possible.
- A couple of my favourite ways to improve a home’s curb appeal are to plant some flowers, paint window trims, and mow and edge the lawn. In the winter, make sure your walkways are shovelled and de-iced.
3. Sell at the right time up
- There are always people shopping for homes, so the best time to sell your home is, quite literally, whenever you are ready to sell.
- There may be more people looking to buy in the spring and summer months, but there will also be more people selling at that time, and, therefore, more competition.
- A good realtor will help you sell fast, no matter what time of the year it is.
4. Trust your realtor
- You may think your home is worth a certain amount, but at the end of the day, your realtor knows what your house is worth and which offers are reasonable.
- Pricing your home too high is only going to prolong the home selling experience. To get offers quickly, make sure to price your home competitive to similar homes for sale in your area.